‘HOLIDAY DANGERS TO YOUR PETS’
Christmas time, as we all know, is rapidly approaching. Which means the decorating and other festivities are begining to take place as well. The holiday times are a special time for us and our pets. With that said, all the ongoing activities and constant distractions, we seem to over look some possible dangers to your pets. Knowing what could be dangerous to your pet’s and taking preventive measures to insure your pet is protected and safe from any harm, will help save you a trip to the vets office over the holidays!
- Tinsel- The shiny, dangling decoration that can be easily move in the slightest draft and reflects in light, can cause serious injury to your pets. If not caught in time, it could easily become fatal as it bunches and twists inside your pet’s intestines.
- Ornaments- Bright and colorful tree ornaments can attract the curiousity of your pets. Place these ornaments, glass, aluminum and paper, all at the top of the tree or anywhere out of reach of the pet. If the objects are swallowed by the pet, it can easily become a cocking hazard and an emergancy situation.
- Electric Cords- Electrical shock may occur when a pet chews down on an electric cord, causing irrtation to the tongue and possibly fatal. Using a grounded three-pring extension cord is a safe move.
- Candles- Candles that are out on display should be placed in a hard-to-reach spot so that your pets can’t get to it. Meanwhile, not only can this burn your pet but dripping wax can burn the pads of paws causing severe pain.
- Ribbon- Discard any ribbons and bows that are wrapped around holiday gifts, so that your pets won’t be tempted to chew or even swallow them. If the ribbon where to be ingested, it causes a choking hazard and it twists throughtout the intestines, leading to an emergancy surgery.
Taking precautions with pets during the holidays can help ensure that you, your friends and family will have a happy and healthy holiday season.